I Hope your summer is long and beautiful!! Summer time is an excellent time to help our children build a small business, or earn extra money. Growing up my sister and I went door to door in our neighborhood selling old toys to our friends. We lived right next to an ice-cream shop and planned on having a budget for ice-cream everyday. Of course we planned on buying new toys. We were only 5 & 6 years old. We couldn’t wait for the summer to create different ways to earn money.
So, how could we foster this so our children today can keep the entrepreneurship spirit throughout their lives? Of course this is for children that have the desire to, and visualizes working for themselves as a fun adventure!!! Which, from my experience with children is almost every child.
- Find your child’s skills and talents that could be used to earn money. For example if they could sing help them with auditions and start a talent show selling tickets in the neighborhood. If they are older they may be able to teach lessons with an instrument they know how to play.
- Selling old items they may be ready to give up like a garage sale, or set up a re-sale shop (sounds fancier) to attract customers. Assisting them with a store-like set-up would be key here.
- Help your child with an oldie but goodie business “Set up a lemonade stand” Fun with music, signs that would attract customers.
4. Depending on your children’s age pet walker, lawn care, deliver groceries, or for the environmental conscious child recycle program such as cans to earn money.
5. The last step to help our child is putting together a simple business plan. A quick outline of what they want to do, how to do it, what to charge, and their plans for the money. This could be done in pictures such as a vision board in case you missed my last post click here on how to create a vision board with your children. http://enannylink.com/create-vision-board-children/
I love helping children put together business plans. Have your children created a small business? What was it and how were they fostered to reach their goals??
Here are my Young Entrepreneurs that I’m fostering. They selected the good old lemonade stand.
Their goal was to earn enough money to purchase magic products for their next business. They plan on learning magic tricks while earning money for it. I cant wait to get that business going I haven’t tried that one yet in my childhood lol!! They reached their goal in 2 hours and we went to their favorite store #Target and the rest is magic!!
Thank you for reading and I cant wait to hear from you in the comment areas! Don’t forget to subscribe and share this post….Gracias!!