How is everyone doing? I hope all is going well as we move right along through more beautiful holidays!!
Today I wanted to dive into the wonderful New Year that is sneaking upon us. Time to get the party started with our fantastic 5 New Year’s Activities for children…… Whooooo Hooooo!!Time to get the party started with our fantastic 5 New Years activities for children.....Whoooo Hoooo!!!Click To Tweet
1. D.I.Y. Party Favors
Did someone say party? Yes!!! We have to have party favors….here are a couple of fun favor DIY’s !
2. New Year wins vision board
My favorite activity with children is creating a vision board together…the New Year is a perfect time for this as a family. If you missed one of my older posts on this here is a quick video sample to get started
Work together a create a personal family video for the start of the year of the wins each person wants for the future….then map out steps together how to get there.
Plan out new travel trips, or staycations that your family have never tried before skies the limit always!
Checkout these year round tips for your family from one of my favorite travel blogger…..Amanda creator of “My Sweet Beautiful Life”
4. TRY NEW RECIPES
I am sure your young chefs love to add their ideas, or create a new recipe together. I found these fun and easy kid friendly meatball sliders from pinterest……looks delicious.
5. EXCITING NEW ROOM CHANGES
There are so many D.I.Y. items to use to add or change a look of their rooms. Another idea is add something new to their arrangement to inspire them. Nothing like an atmosphere that screams ” Winning”!!! Here are some pretty neat room ideas.
6. BONUS CREATE AFFIRMATIONS
What a positive jump start for the New Year! Empowering our children with positive affirmations today, and throughout their lives. This activity could be as simple as writing down what your child will fill in the blanks of the”I am’s____”
A 6 year old I know wrote beautiful, unique, and strong for herself…. she wrote down 10 of them. She loved the activity, and would recite them throughout the day on her own. She also threw in “I am a pizza” and we laughed and went with it….LOL…..the most important thing was her winning attitude.
What activities will your children enjoy for the New Year? Have you tried any of these activities above?
I hope your family have a prosperous New Year!!!
¡Gracias¡ Mrs. Shauna
I don’t know about you, but the days are going by so quickly my head is spinning!!!
My favorite holiday is coming up……THANKSGIVING! I especially love how we come together to give thanks, and how our children are fully engaged to enjoy all the festivities!!!
Sharing gratitude activities with our children is just another way to help build positive characteristics in them.
SHARING GRATITUDE ACTIVITIES WITH OUR CHILDREN IS JUST ANOTHER WAY TO HELP BUILD POSITIVE CHARACTERISTICS IN THEMClick To Tweet
TOP 5 GRATITUDE ACTIVITES FOR CHILDREN!!
1. Create a box filled with fun new goodies for a family that may be in need, or choose an organization you could donate the box to.
2. Write home-made thank you cards to friends, and family that the children haven’t connected with in a while. Mailing out the cards would be an extra special touch! Checkout my special crafty amiga Habiba’s fun activity. She is the creator of Craftify My Love D.I.Y. And Lifestyle Blog! Click the link for this beautiful craft and more!!
(PIC ABOVE COURTESY OF HABIBA)
3. Your younger child could make a gratitude chart, or a grateful tree. Just cut-out and glue pics from old magazine that expresses what they are grateful for. Here is a quick and super fun example from TEACHMAMA! https://teachmama.com/our-thankful-tree/
4. The older child that writes provide them with a gratitude notebook that could stay near their bed at night and they could write one thing everyday they are grateful for….what a great time to reflect on their day. This allows your child to focus on the WINS that happens each day small, or large.
5. Lastly, with technology at our fingertips set-up a grateful video for, family and friends. They could sing, dance, read, or share their favorite activity with them! Imagine the faces of your love ones when they see the Video. Not to mention how many times they will be able to replay it…..priceless!
Have you enjoyed any of these activities with your children?
Do you have any other gratitude activities you share with your family?
I have to say I’m very grateful ❤that you stopped by!!
Have a HAPPY HOLIDAY muchas gracias……….SHAUNA